1. Employment. I was the IT Director for an Investor Relations firm however, do to the inadequacy of the upper management to develop a culture that fosters innovation, I decided to make a move to a company that I have always wanted to work for. This company is one of the largest private software development companies in the US and has been around for over 30 years. They have always been ahead of the curve in technology and foster a culture that promotes innovation and free thinking. What is the company? Information Builders, Inc. www.informationbuilders.com
2. My wife and I experienced the birth of our 4th child (and first son) and additionally, we found out several weeks ago that my wife is pregnant with our 5th (and final) child.
3. I graduated last month with my Master's in Business Administration degree (MBA)
One might be asking at this point why did you leave your blog for so long and what made you come back?
Why I left - Life happened! I got a new job that required much time in training, travel, and etc. Additionally I was finishing my Master's degree.
Why I am back - I heard a study today of those that give to the less fortunate and the summary of results are as follows:
- Republicans are more generous than democrats: Most democrats would explain this by saying of course, because they have more money but if you actually look at it from a percentage basis democrat's probably give more. WRONG! The study was done on a percentage basis of giving compared to income which brings me to the next point.
- Republicans income that were the most generous were significantly less the the democrats that were less generous.
So here is my question to the democrats:
If democrats are suppose to be "for the poor, less fortunate, party for the people", why are you making more money than the republicans but giving less to the people you supposedly represent?